Islamia College is a Muslim School for all children but not in essence a school for Muslim children. By virtue of the aforementioned the school will seek to grant admission to students who are prepared to subscribe to the tenets of the Islamic faith in an equitable manner.
The disposition, demeanour, behaviour, values and attitudes of the student should be concomitant with the ethos of the institution. Being an independent institution of learning that sustains itself on financial contributions in the form of tuition fees, the school shall admit students on the criteria provided in the Policy Statement
Application forms are available from the receptionist at The Academia Centre for all campuses, i.e. Pre-Primary, Primary, Girls High, Boys High and Hifth Academy or may be downloaded and completed at your convenience.
The following documentation must accompany the application form:
- Copy of Student’s Birth Certificate or ID Document
- Copy of Student’s latest Report or Academic Progress
- Latest school fees statement
- Copy of Student’s Vaccination Record
- Proof of Address of Parent and Account Holder
- Copy of Parents’ / Legal Guardians’ ID Document
- Signed Financial Terms & Conditions – see page 6
- Signed General Indemnity – see page 7
- Study Permit, if Foreign
- Proof of Payment of Application Fee (R150)
- Copy of Payslip/ 3 month bank statement
- Two Recent ID Colour Photos of the Student
Parents will be contacted by the secretary of the school to attend an interview with the principal. In addition to age cohort, if deemed necessary, an assessment would be done for appropriate placement of the student. Applications need to be approved by the principal as well as the administrative department before final acceptance. Successful applicants will be informed via email and invited to attend an Orientation Day. Parents will be informed via email of their acceptance so please ensure that your email address is legible.
In the event that the applicant is successful, the parents need to sign the Code of Conduct and then ensure that the student:
- Reads and understands the Code of Conduct and school rules and abides by it
- Upholds and promotes the ethos of the School
- Follow all prescriptions and instructions
All applications must be delivered in person. No applications will be considered if faxed or emailed. PLEASE COMPLETE ALL DETAILS. Incomplete and illegible documentation will not be processed. There is a R150 application fee and we do not accept cash. You may do an EFT or a direct deposit. For any queries, please contact Raheema Isaacs at firstname.lastname@example.org